Friday, January 9, 2009

dog or cat?

Excerpts from the diary of a dog:
8.00 a.m. Oh boy, dog food-my fav
9.30 a.m. Oh boy, a car ride-my fav
9.40 a.m. Oh boy, a walk-my fav
10.30 a.m. Oh boy, another car ride-my fav
11.30 a.m. Oh boy, more dog food-my fav
12.00 p.m. Oh boy, the kids- my fav
1.00 p.m. Oh boy, the yard-my fav
4.00 p.m. Oh boy, the kids again-my fav
5.30 p.m. Oh boy, Mom-my fav
6.00 p.m. Oh boy, playing ball-my fav
8.30 p.m. Oh boy, sleeping in my master's bed-my fav

Excerpts from the diary of a cat
Day 283 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat while I'm forced to eat dry cereal. I'm sustained by the hope of escape and the mild satisfaction i derive from running a few piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant. I attempted to kill my captors this morning by weaving through their walking feet. Nearly succeeded. Must try this strategy at the top of the stairs. Seeking to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, i once again induced myself to vomit on their fav chair. Must try this on their bed. To display my diabolical disposition, I decapitated a mouse and disposited the headless body on their kitchen floor. They only cooed and condescended, patting my head and called me "strong little kitty". Hmm- not working according to my plan. Durin a gathering of their accomplices, I overheard that my confinement was due to my power of allergies. Must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.
I'm convinced the other household captives are flunkies, perhaps snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems naively happy to return. He is, no doubt, a half wit. The bird speaks with the human regularly. Must be the informant. I am certain he reports every of my move. Due to his current placement in the metal cage, his safety is assured, but i can wait. It is only a matter of time.

The day of a dog. The day of a cat. One content, the other conniving. One at peace, the other at war. One grateful, the other grumpy. Same house. Same circumstances. Same matter. Yet two entirely different attitudes?

WHICH ONE IS YOU?


p.s tis is the reason i've always adore dogs and dislike cats, well, besides the fact that cat used to scratch me when i were younger. call me bias- i am a DOG lover.

5 comments:

Liz said...

i like dogs more too =p

but geez, the cat is in a whole new light. suddenly i like the conniving cat too =p

Sabrina said...

furry animals...er...

eL tInker said...

haha
subby d animal haters huh?
=P

Poirot1989 said...

Subby hates dogs. That I am damn sure of! HAHA! You should see her when we at Central Park! HAHA! She used me as a human shield man! HAHA!

Regards,
Jian Wei

Sabrina said...

not "hate" ok....