Sunday, July 6, 2008

Why Can't We Fly Together?

Classes start today, but I’m at home.

It’s kind of sad to not be in the crowd anymore, to be leading a different path from everyone else.

It feels kind of weird, to not be able to walk up a floor and find Hui Theng in her room, or open my unit’s door and invite myself into Liz’s room. I won’t be seeing Airina in the bus anymore and there won’t be any more crazy Austin gathering. Jian Wei won’t come hitting my head every morn and Tim won’t sms me in the middle of the night asking for help in Calculus.

Many words to say, but I do not know how to express myself. So, here I express my thanks to everyone who has helped shaped my INTEC life into something memorable and enjoyable (I can’t believe I am using this word).



To Hui Theng,

Thanks for the laughter u brought to my life, the encouragement and support you gave me when I was waiting for results from the universities. Getting lost together, jogging before a paprik meal, pumping our first petrol are memories I will keep forever. Continue to follow God in your daily life, have faith in Him. I will miss you a lot.

To Airina,

I still remember the first interesting thing you told me about yourself. You said you can sneeze 11 times without stopping and I was flabbergasted! Not because it’s amazing (I mean, it is...), but because I sneezed 11 times continuously before too. Haha. I will miss shopping with you and I won’t forget the hardship we went through applying for ED/EA. Enjoy your last year in INTEC, you still have Hui Theng there. Stay compact=)

To Liz,

You were the one who stayed with me throughout the 3 semesters. Thanks for never refusing to help me even though sometimes, you need to go an extra mile just to help me. You are beautiful and smart, be confident of yourself. Even though you can get REALLY competitive sometimes, but that’s what I love about you. Strive on, baby! Never think that you are not good enough. I wish for a day that I will see you as someone who is confident with herself. HUGSSS...

To Yoke Peng,

Thanks for being a great source of information throughout the whole application and registering process, haha. You are the youngest among us, yet I have always felt that you are the strongest among us all. You do not complain over little things; you take life as it is. I admire you. Keep in touch. We will rock US together!!!!

To Tim,

You made Austin a class fun to be in. Thanks for organizing the ATU grad dinner, as well as the other Austin gatherings. I didn’t mind answering your cal questions; need more help? Just ask=) But no late night ques k? Have fun in Stanford, I will be visiting you soon. And at that time, you have to bring me around yea?

To Jian Wei,

Thanks for being a great friend, but NO thanks for hitting me in the head all the time. I will miss your “bang balls”, “shit bricks”, “morning sunflower”, “no hugs and kisses” comments. Visit me in Penn ok?

To Mei Yueh,

I will miss your doraemon ring tone=) No more buying fish for the cat or late night studying together d. No more cramming for Cal together as well. I will remember you ( I have the doraemon tissue box cover=p) and I will miss all the fun we had together. Remember your bday? Haha... At least you won’t have things like your shorts disappearing from your room anymore huh?=) I’ll see you in winter!!! (fingers crossed)

To E-jieh,

No thanks for calling me “animal hater”. Fyi, I’m just scared of furry animals. Still, thanks for making me laugh by stealing and gobbling down Hui Theng’s jelly during the Saisaki trip and by making stupid and random comments on people’s certain part of the body.

To Yiling,
Thanks for hosting us twice; I love PD!!!!!! See you in Penn and we shall go shopping in New York ok? Apparently, outlets in US have like really nice and branded goods and they sell them at a really good bargain, hehe. Don’t forget me on any of your shopping spree k?=)

To the rest ( Uma, Liang Yeet, Sze Yin, Amy, Shereen, Eu Win, Q etc ), thanks for everything you have done for me. I assure you, without you guys, life in INTEC won’t be the same. I wish all of you the best in everything you do and KEEP IN TOUCH!!! You can spam me or whatsoever, just KEEP IN TOUCH!!!

11 comments:

bruce@shark said...

Subby... I'll miss you too. But'll see ya in NY for New Year... Hopefully. Ah.. Remember all the crap I talk while calculusing. All the cramming we did... Theology, Ethics, PCO, ACS... and all the movies we watched together on the sofa without popcorn, cleaning 3301, u scribbling on the board when it's biology exam, me when it's chemistry, us chatting on gmail as if we're not sitting side by side =p and of course the best one was u putting on the straight face when I couldn't find my laptop charger and pants =D... ah....

Just too many sweet sweet memories that I'll always cherish.

=)

Lots of love,
Your housemate- Mei Yueh

Yoke Peng 玉萍 said...

Sabrina,
never thought tat i giv such impression to you. =)
u r d one having so many info, not me la.
anyway, c ya next week. =)

Liz said...

u r making me cry... do you know how much my hand itched to open your door. that day i just pulled it open and said hi to athirah for the heck of it...

it feels weird without you here. 3 semesters, in the same class.

will miss you. but a brighter future awaits you in upenn. good luck, and remember to visit us when you come back for jpa briefing...

eL tInker said...

i will miss u too sabrina!!!!
life in intec is so different now without you and yoke peng..
i am so excited u're coming back intec soon..=P

airina said...

i almost tear when i read the post! argh. well u din know how depressing it was during LOU today... so many ppl are gone =(
btw subby, why do u have to use the word COMPACT -_-

Yoke Peng 玉萍 said...

compact... lol

Sabrina said...

airina, it's a word that will always stick to you...

Liz said...

oh yes, compact XD will always remember that =P

timtam said...

could you post up a better pic of me? lol.

Sabrina said...

tim: i think that pic quite nice
what =p

timtam said...

better than airina's posing pic ar? :P